All core/required courses are 3 credit hours.
- LIS 6010* Introduction to the Information Profession
- LIS 6080* Information Technology
- LIS 6120 Access to Information
- LIS 6210 Organization of Knowledge
- LIS 7040 Library Administration and Management
LIS 7310** School Library Media Programs
- (Students in the School Library Media Specialization are required to complete LIS 7310 instead of LIS 7040.)
- LIS 7996 Research in Library and Information Science
* LIS 6010 and LIS 6080 should be taken as part of a student's first nine credit hours.
** A VALID TEACHING CERTIFICATE IS REQUIRED AS A PREREQUISITE FOR ENROLLMENT